Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BYE BYE BINKI!!

(This is the same text in the picture below, but I decided it was pretty hard to read!)
I took Ashlyn to the doctor because she was sick. The doctor mentioned she is old enough to get rid of her binki. I knew this, ofcourse, but had just got back from the cruise and I didn’t want to do it why she was sick. He proceeded to say that his favorite way to ditch the BINKI was to go “Binki Shopping”. I looked at him funny and he continued explaining that you gather all the binkis, put them in a bag and tell the child they get to pick out a toy and buy it with the binkis. So, I thought what the heck, I’ll try it, so Feb. 16 2012, we gathered the binkis and headed off to the store. I talked to Ashlyn about it, but was unsure how much she actually understood. We looked at all the toys and finally she picked this fun picnic basket. We handed the cashier the binkis and told her we wanted to pay for the toy with the binkis. (Then I quickly told her to throw them away!) She looked at me very strangely and said “What?-Are you sure?” In which I responded yes, and hurry before I do change my mind. Ashlyn was excited for her new toy, but a little unsure about the binkis being gone.

She did so good without her binki! I put her down for her first nap and yes, she was sad as she thought about where her binkis where, but she talked and talked until she fell asleep. The first night was not so good, but it really wasn’t bad considering she was pretty attached to her binkis. After only about 4 days she was pretty much okay without them aside from the occasional ouchie and she wanted something to comfort her. All in all it was a great thing and the best part is...NO MORE BINKIS!!!I am sad she is getting all grown up-She’s a Big Girl now!

1 comment:

Seegmiller Six said...

What a cute idea! I always remember it being harder on me than on them to get rid of them...it's a go to! :) Good job mommy!